The J.D. Power Initial Quality Study analyzes data on vehicles within the first 90 days of ownership, and according to recent results, the modern automobile industry has seen the best improvement in initial quality in the past seven years. Not only that, but the #1 spot for Highest in Initial Quality has been taken by a non-premium brand for the first time in almost three decades. Who has taken the winning spot, you ask? None other than Kia Motors.
Overall, J.D. Power’s findings discovered that 21 out of the 33 brands involved in the study showed improvement in 2016 compared to the previous year, proving that the industry as a whole is showing steady improvement. Kia beat out the luxury brands on the list, including Porsche and BMW, which came in second and fifth place, respectively. Hyundai and Toyota were also included in the top five.
The reliability of a brand is one of the most important factors in consumers’ minds when they go to purchase their next vehicle, J.D. Power’s study stated. As a result, Kia’s title of Highest in Initial Quality is something that will stick in drivers’ minds the next time they look into purchasing a new vehicle, boosting their customer loyalty ratings.
What do you think? Let us at Evansville Kia Mazda Volvo know by leaving a comment below!
January is the perfect time to buy a car. With your tax refund on its way, special deals, and vehicle turn around, you can save some serious money when you shop for a car at this time of year. Read on to learn more about reasons to buy a car in January.
The best time to buy a car is January largely because December is when most people trade in their vehicles. According to The Street, these cars don’t become available until the new year, which means there is a surge of used vehicles on the market. That means there is a wide selection, better pricing, and lower demand. These are the perfect conditions to buy a car.
A surge in supply also means that the number of sales tends to increase in January. Plus, many vehicles become a “year older” when the new year hits. For example, the 2016 model year will be old news in the minds of many buyers when the new year comes around. If you hunt for special deals, you’re bound to find a truly affordable car in January.
Finally, now that it’s January, you can finally do your taxes. With a hefty refund on the way, you can confidently splurge for those premium features like leather seating, in-car connectivity, and Wi-Fi without worrying about spending too much. If you’re looking for a new vehicle, there’s no better time to buy than now.
If you want one of the best vehicles in the industry, then the 2017 Kia Soul is the car for you. This uniquely designed subcompact was recently named a 2017 Consumer Guide Automotive Best Buy award winner in its segment. This is the third year in a row the Soul has earned this prestigious honor.
“People gravitate toward the Soul because of its head-turning style, extensive feature content, and excellent value. Its practicality makes it a perfect fit for just about every type of lifestyle,” said Orth Hedrick, vice president for product planning Kia Motors America. “Being recognized by Consumer Guide Automotive for a third consecutive year proves the Soul continues to be a crowd favorite, and with the new turbocharged version offered for 2017, we anticipate its popularity will surge to new heights.”
To earn recognition as a Best Buy award winner, the Soul had to beat out the best vehicles in its segment. It surpassed the competition in both price and value, showcasing just how great this Kia model is. The vehicle’s funky personality, peppy new turbocharged engine, and desirable features all helped it come out ahead.
The Soul’s newest 1.6-liter turbocharged engine is primed and ready to make this quirky car an even better buy. With 201 horsepower and 28 miles per gallon combined, the Soul Turbo model will have more power without sacrificing fuel efficiency. The 2017 model also comes available with convenience features like Rear Cross Traffic Alert and Blind Spot Detection. There is also a standard UVO3 infotainment system on the 2017 Soul Exclaim models, which has integrated Android Auto and Apple CarPlay.
To learn more about the award-winning 2017 Kia Soul, stop in to Evansville Kia.
If you thought Indiana was just a bunch of boring old cornfields, think again; the state is packed with tons of things to do and sights to see. Whether you’re headed to urban Indianapolis or enjoying the beauty of the countryside, here’s some of the best Indiana attractions.
Children’s Museum of Indianapolis: Credited as the largest children’s museum in the country, the Indianapolis Children’s Museum offers five stories of fun.
Turkey Run State Park: People come to Turkey Run State Park for the large lodge, extensive hiking trails, hayrides, and year-round events. The inn even has an Olympic-sized pool.
Nappanee: Downtown Nappanee is crawling with local shops and boutiques in historic buildings, while the countryside is covered with family-owned shops. It’s situated right on the edge of Amish Country, giving it that old-fashioned country charm.
Conner Prairie: This interactive “history park” is filled with costumed, historically-accurate interpreters and covers 800 acres of land. Experience a slice of history at this park just north of downtown Fishers.
The Spirit of Jasper: A restored historic passenger train, the Spirit of Jasper takes romantic trips through the countryside and offers various Ride ‘n’ Dine trips year-round.
These are just a few of the best Indiana attractions available. Try exploring local areas or doing some research to find some great Indiana attractions of your own!
Evansville, Indiana is a fantastic place to live with plenty of open space and events held year round. Fall brings cooler weather, high school football, and the start of the holiday season. Here are a few upcoming Evansville events that you should attend.
- Corn Maze – Located on the Angel Mounds State Historic Site, the Angel Mounds Corn Maze is open until October 31st. The maze is a tribute to Native American life and beliefs. Stop by the museum to see how corn shaped a civilization then head out to the corn maze for a scavenger hunt to track down beings from Native American cosmology. Each visitor receives a free s’mores packet and kids can take a barrel train ride, free with admission.
- Stomp Out Parkinson’s Disease Unity Walk – The annual Stomp Out Parkinson’s Disease Unity Walk takes place on October 15th. Come out to the Solarbron assisted living community and take part to help further research of such a devastating disease!
- Pumpkin P.R.I.D.E. Obstacle Run/Walk – The second annual Good Samaritan Foundation’s Pumpkin P.R.I.D.E. Obstacle Run/Walk takes place on October 22nd at the Fox Ridge Nature Park. Participants will tackle eight different obstacles. Free pumpkin decorating, live music, games, and other activities will also be available.
The braking system is responsible for your safety under normal driving conditions and that means it needs to be in tip-top shape at all times. While that likely isn’t new information to any driver, there’s no clear mileage marker to indicate when you need new brakes. Fortunately the brakes themselves can give you an obvious sign they need attending to. Here are a few tell-tale signs you need new brakes.
- Unresponsiveness – If your brakes are just unresponsive or the pedal sinks to the floor, there could be a problem in the system. There could be an air leak in the hose or brake fluid could be leaking. Either way, you will want to make a service appointment as soon as possible.
- Vibrations – A vibrating brake pedal is far from normal and is a clear sign for worry. While there isn’t anything to worry about when the anti-lock brakes are engaged during hard braking, vibrations under normal circumstances could be a sign of warped rotors. Common causes of warped rotors include towing or driving down steep hills.
- Pulling – If your car pulls to one side when braking, there isn’t much to worry about but it definitely warrants a visit to a dealership’s service department. The brake linings could be wearing unevenly or there could be something in the brake fluid. Make an appointment to find out!
Hyundai ended the month of May by offering drivers a free Apple CarPlay and Android Auto upgrade. Now Kia is doing the same, an unsurprising move considering the two are sister companies. At the end of July, the South Korean automaker sent out an email to owners with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto download instructions.
Downloading and installing the connectivity software can be done without visiting a dealership. If you didn’t sign up at MyUVO.com, Kia’s portal for the UVO infotainment system, odds are you missed the email.
Any model, past or present, equipped with the navigation systems or non-navigation UVO3 system are eligible for the upgrade. This includes the 2014-2016 Soul, 2015-2016 Soul EV, 2015-2016 Sedona, 2015-2016 Optima and Optima Hybrid, 2016 Sorento, 2017 Sportage, and 2017 Forte.
For drivers with an iOS or Android phone, the connectivity software can push both the smartphone’s capabilities and interface to the dashboard. From there, drivers can use the voice-recognition software to call, look up directions, stream music, and send and receive messages.
Sorry, Windows phone owners, there’s no connectivity software for you just yet.
We here at Evansville Kia are happy to see owners getting a great value for free!
If you have a vehicle, you need to perform regular maintenance on it in order to keep it healthy and prevent high repair costs in the long-term. However, car owners are faced with a tough choice when it comes to deciding where their vehicle should be serviced. Should you go to the dealership service department, or the potentially more affordable independent mechanic? We say you get what you pay for—and you should go for the dealer.
The best thing about going to the dealership for service is that they know your car. Independent mechanics aren’t trained to specialize in your make and model of car, and could make costly mistakes when working with parts they’re unfamiliar with. Dealership service technicians know the brand of your vehicle inside and out and will be more reliable in that regard.
Additionally, at a dealership service department you’re going to get factory-backed OEM parts. OEM stands for “original equipment manufacturer,” which means your car is receiving replacements of the same parts it came with. Independent mechanics might use generic “aftermarket parts” that are cheaper, but often less effective.
What if you’ve already used an independent mechanic, and aren’t sure if your vehicle’s warranty still counts at the dealership service department? The good news is that the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act of 1975 made it so that, except in rare cases, dealers must still honor the warranty, so you are welcome to come back without judgment.
Kia is known for putting effort not just into the production of its vehicles but also into giving back to the community and preserving the environment. Those two and the other reasons below are just a few reasons to buy a Kia:
- Made in the USA. Kia’s main manufacturing plant is located in Georgia, where the brand feels more connected with the growing market for Kia vehicles in the United States. More than 40 percent of Kia’s cars, crossovers, and the like are produced in the West Point, Georgia factory.
- Social Contribution. With a mission to help create a better world, Kia gives back through a number of hands-on programs, providing those in need with services like educating underprivileged youth, encouraging employee volunteering, and donating vehicles to those with limited mobility.
- Quality. Comfort in the cabin, the latest technology, a strong and striking exterior, and a powertrain that feels and drives smooth—all of these come together in the Kia lineup.
- Great Design. It’s not enough that Kia vehicles offer plenty of features and an excellent driving experience; they look good, too. The Kia lineup is always exciting, always evolving, and is sure to have something to pique your interest.
5. Value. Kia is a brand that is 100-percent dedicated to producing only the best of the best. Thanks to the great features that come in a Kia, plus reliability and dependability, Kia vehicles are some of the most valued on the market.
Summer is rolling around and with the warm weather comes a perfect excuse to roll the car out of the garage and do a bit of maintenance. Before you head on that beautiful sunlit trip you’ve been planning, make sure to get your car ready for summer with the tips below!
Check tires and tire pressure
First thing first: if you are still using winter tires, swap them out for all-season or summer tires right away. Secondly, check the wear using the tried-and-true penny test. Finally, check the tire pressure. These significantly affect handling and wear and only the correct pressure will give you optimal performance.
Check the air conditioning system
There’s nothing worse than having a car that won’t cool down in the summer. Run the A/C for a bit to see that it still blows cold, while checking for unusual odors or noises.
Check the coolant
If there is anything worse than the above, it has to be an overheating engine. Coolant should be changed at least once a year and there’s possibly no better time to do it than right before the summer.
Clean the car
Grime from melted snow and road salt make winters particularly harsh on a car, and not just the exterior, but everything from the engine to the brake lines. Thoroughly wash your car on a sunny weekend to minimize the damage, or take it to a car wash to get a detail.