The J.D. Power Initial Quality Study analyzes data on vehicles within the first 90 days of ownership, and according to recent results, the modern automobile industry has seen the best improvement in initial quality in the past seven years. Not only that, but the #1 spot for Highest in Initial Quality has been taken by a non-premium brand for the first time in almost three decades. Who has taken the winning spot, you ask? None other than Kia Motors.
Overall, J.D. Power’s findings discovered that 21 out of the 33 brands involved in the study showed improvement in 2016 compared to the previous year, proving that the industry as a whole is showing steady improvement. Kia beat out the luxury brands on the list, including Porsche and BMW, which came in second and fifth place, respectively. Hyundai and Toyota were also included in the top five.
The reliability of a brand is one of the most important factors in consumers’ minds when they go to purchase their next vehicle, J.D. Power’s study stated. As a result, Kia’s title of Highest in Initial Quality is something that will stick in drivers’ minds the next time they look into purchasing a new vehicle, boosting their customer loyalty ratings.
What do you think? Let us at Evansville Kia Mazda Volvo know by leaving a comment below!
If you want one of the best vehicles in the industry, then the 2017 Kia Soul is the car for you. This uniquely designed subcompact was recently named a 2017 Consumer Guide Automotive Best Buy award winner in its segment. This is the third year in a row the Soul has earned this prestigious honor.
“People gravitate toward the Soul because of its head-turning style, extensive feature content, and excellent value. Its practicality makes it a perfect fit for just about every type of lifestyle,” said Orth Hedrick, vice president for product planning Kia Motors America. “Being recognized by Consumer Guide Automotive for a third consecutive year proves the Soul continues to be a crowd favorite, and with the new turbocharged version offered for 2017, we anticipate its popularity will surge to new heights.”
To earn recognition as a Best Buy award winner, the Soul had to beat out the best vehicles in its segment. It surpassed the competition in both price and value, showcasing just how great this Kia model is. The vehicle’s funky personality, peppy new turbocharged engine, and desirable features all helped it come out ahead.
The Soul’s newest 1.6-liter turbocharged engine is primed and ready to make this quirky car an even better buy. With 201 horsepower and 28 miles per gallon combined, the Soul Turbo model will have more power without sacrificing fuel efficiency. The 2017 model also comes available with convenience features like Rear Cross Traffic Alert and Blind Spot Detection. There is also a standard UVO3 infotainment system on the 2017 Soul Exclaim models, which has integrated Android Auto and Apple CarPlay.
To learn more about the award-winning 2017 Kia Soul, stop in to Evansville Kia.
The braking system is responsible for your safety under normal driving conditions and that means it needs to be in tip-top shape at all times. While that likely isn’t new information to any driver, there’s no clear mileage marker to indicate when you need new brakes. Fortunately the brakes themselves can give you an obvious sign they need attending to. Here are a few tell-tale signs you need new brakes.
- Unresponsiveness – If your brakes are just unresponsive or the pedal sinks to the floor, there could be a problem in the system. There could be an air leak in the hose or brake fluid could be leaking. Either way, you will want to make a service appointment as soon as possible.
- Vibrations – A vibrating brake pedal is far from normal and is a clear sign for worry. While there isn’t anything to worry about when the anti-lock brakes are engaged during hard braking, vibrations under normal circumstances could be a sign of warped rotors. Common causes of warped rotors include towing or driving down steep hills.
- Pulling – If your car pulls to one side when braking, there isn’t much to worry about but it definitely warrants a visit to a dealership’s service department. The brake linings could be wearing unevenly or there could be something in the brake fluid. Make an appointment to find out!
Hyundai ended the month of May by offering drivers a free Apple CarPlay and Android Auto upgrade. Now Kia is doing the same, an unsurprising move considering the two are sister companies. At the end of July, the South Korean automaker sent out an email to owners with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto download instructions.
Downloading and installing the connectivity software can be done without visiting a dealership. If you didn’t sign up at MyUVO.com, Kia’s portal for the UVO infotainment system, odds are you missed the email.
Any model, past or present, equipped with the navigation systems or non-navigation UVO3 system are eligible for the upgrade. This includes the 2014-2016 Soul, 2015-2016 Soul EV, 2015-2016 Sedona, 2015-2016 Optima and Optima Hybrid, 2016 Sorento, 2017 Sportage, and 2017 Forte.
For drivers with an iOS or Android phone, the connectivity software can push both the smartphone’s capabilities and interface to the dashboard. From there, drivers can use the voice-recognition software to call, look up directions, stream music, and send and receive messages.
Sorry, Windows phone owners, there’s no connectivity software for you just yet.
We here at Evansville Kia are happy to see owners getting a great value for free!
Kia is known for putting effort not just into the production of its vehicles but also into giving back to the community and preserving the environment. Those two and the other reasons below are just a few reasons to buy a Kia:
- Made in the USA. Kia’s main manufacturing plant is located in Georgia, where the brand feels more connected with the growing market for Kia vehicles in the United States. More than 40 percent of Kia’s cars, crossovers, and the like are produced in the West Point, Georgia factory.
- Social Contribution. With a mission to help create a better world, Kia gives back through a number of hands-on programs, providing those in need with services like educating underprivileged youth, encouraging employee volunteering, and donating vehicles to those with limited mobility.
- Quality. Comfort in the cabin, the latest technology, a strong and striking exterior, and a powertrain that feels and drives smooth—all of these come together in the Kia lineup.
- Great Design. It’s not enough that Kia vehicles offer plenty of features and an excellent driving experience; they look good, too. The Kia lineup is always exciting, always evolving, and is sure to have something to pique your interest.
5. Value. Kia is a brand that is 100-percent dedicated to producing only the best of the best. Thanks to the great features that come in a Kia, plus reliability and dependability, Kia vehicles are some of the most valued on the market.
Every year, more and more drivers come to rely upon the high quality vehicles that Kia Motors has to offer. No accomplishment captures the success of the Kia brand more perfectly than the recent milestone achieved by Kia Motors Manufacturing Georgia.
According to a recent Kia press release, the Kia Motors Manufacturing Georgia plant just produced its two millionth vehicle. The two millionth vehicle, a white 2016 Kia Sorento SXL, rolled off of the assembly line in late March. What makes the Kia Motors Manufacturing Georgia facility’s achievement even more astounding is that it was achieved after less than seven years of operation.
“Assembling two million vehicles in less than seven years is a remarkable achievement, and one that each of our team members can take a lot of pride in,” said KMMG President and CEO Hyun-Jong Shin. “The world-class quality that goes into every Sorento CUV and Optima midsize sedan we build is a direct result of the hard work and commitment of our team members, and today we salute their commitment to excellence.”
Be sure to tune in to hear about even more incredible Kia accomplishments.
Kia Motors America will partner with Hire Heroes USA, a national nonprofit organization that assists retired veterans in finding civilian jobs through online coursework and personalized career coaching. Hire Heroes USA has seven locations around the country, from which its Veteran Transition Specialists coach veterans over the phone and online to help them develop skills they need to transition into a civilian workplace.
Helping more than 300 veterans and spouses of veterans every week, the organization teaches veterans how to transfer their current skills to a different job, how to search for jobs, and write professional resumes. Hire Heroes estimates veterans earn a net $12,000 more per year after completing their program.
Kia gave an initial $25,000 to Hire Heroes USA and made it the official partner of the LPGA Kia Classic, so a portion of ticket sales will go toward the organization. Kia and Hire Heroes hope this will not only raise funds but awareness of the services the company offers, so more veterans, current military members, and relatives of veterans will have access to them.