Here at Evansville Kia, we take immense pride in offering exceptional services and high-quality vehicles. But we know that even a great business is nothing without the support of the people around them. That’s why we love giving back to a community that’s done so much for us.
Recently, we had the wonderful opportunity to help raise money for It Takes a Village Canine Rescue, a hard-working, non-profit, no-kill shelter that has improved the lives of thousands of homeless dogs by finding them new, loving homes. It was an honor to help such a caring and productive organization right here in Evansville!
Over Labor Day weekend, we had a lot of fun hosting the people and puppies of It Takes a Village for a fundraising event that resulted in $2,100 for It Takes A Village to go toward a new vehicle for the shelter. A lot of great people came out, had a blast playing with the puppies, and donated to this organization making a difference in our community.
But we’re not done yet! Visit our Test Drive Evansville Facebook page to learn about a new charity every week and join Evansville Kia in supporting those who make Evansville such an amazing place to work and play!
As the summer draws to a close and the evenings get cooler, there is still time to have some fun. The end of summer in Evansville has plenty to offer. Try some of these great attractions.
- Angel Mounds State Historic Site. This is one of the best-preserved Native American sites in the country. Not only will you get a glimpse of history, but you will be surrounded by beautiful changing trees as well.
- Children’s Museum of Evansville. This museum is often called “cMoe” and has been an Evansville staple for nearly 10 years. Here, kids can experience hands-on learning with lots of fun.
- Garden of the Gods. Cross the border into Illinois and visit this breathtaking park with its stunning rock formations.
- Holiday Drive In. Catch one more movie out under the stars before the drive-in season ends. Check the location’s schedule for movies and show times.
- West Side Nut Club. Celebrate the beginning of fall by heading to the West Side Nut Club Fall Festival. This year’s fun will be held October 2nd through the 7th. Be sure to stop by our dealership during this event for a great offer!
What is your favorite way to spend the end of summer in Evansville? If you need a new ride for the upcoming cold weather, then come visit us here at Evansville Kia today.
In Evansville, we get our fair share of bad weather—snow, hail, flooding, and even tornadoes. While we all might know what to do when a storm threatens our home, it may be less clear what to do when driving during a storm. Review the tips below, courtesy of Evansville Kia, and stay safe out there!
If you can avoid driving during a storm, then stay where you are. Sometimes, going out into a bad storm might be unavoidable, but if you can postpone driving until it passes, please do so.
- Never drive down a road that is covered in water, even if it looks like it might not be too deep. Currents can take cars very easily.
- Keep your wipers and headlights on, and head for higher ground immediately.
- Don’t fool yourself into thinking you can outrun a tornado. They are fast and unpredictable—put as much distance between yourself and the tornado as possible.
- If possible, abandon your vehicle and get into a building. Buildings are always safer than cars in a tornado.
- Don’t park underneath a highway overpass or bridge. Doing so can cause a traffic jam and prevent others from getting to safety.
- If you can’t get out and get to a ditch, keep your seatbelt on, put your head beneath the windows, and cover it with a coat or blanket.
- If you’re caught in a hailstorm, seek cover immediately, or risk your windshield being damaged. Look for places like carwashes or car ports. If you can’t find good shelter for your car, leave it parked outside and take shelter inside a building.
When battling bad weather on the road, it’s better to be safe than sorry. Increase your chances for coming out unscathed by investing in a vehicle that is durable and safe, like the Kia Sportage, available now at Evansville Kia.
A hybrid crossover has been a long time coming and now one South Korean brand has delivered on its promise. The 2017 Kia Niro breaks through the glass to become the first of its kind. The hybrid powertrain offers high fuel economy and excellent performance. Tech-savvy driver will enjoy the abundant features that make the new Kia Niro one of the most innovative vehicles in the industry.
Starting at just $22,890, the new Niro is a small hybrid crossover designed for modern roads*. The first of its kind, the gasoline engine comes paired with an electric motor to produce up to an EPA-estimated 52 city/49 hwy mpg*. That fuel economy offers a near-600-mile range, a distance that beats competitor with ease.
The1.6-liter four-cylinder engine comes mated to an electric motor to form a fully-fledged hybrid system that pumps out 139 hp and 195 lb-ft of torque. The six-speed dual-clutch automatic transmission offers smooth shifting and thrilling ride.
Tech-savvy drivers, rejoice! The new Kia Niro boasts standard Apple CarPlay and Android Auto compatibility. Active safety technologies include Lane-Departure Warning, Blind-Spot Warning, and Adaptive Cruise Control.
We here at The Duell’s Evansville Kia are pumped for the new Niro!
*Use for comparison purposes only. EPA fuel economy estimates. Actual mileage will vary with options, driving conditions, driving habits, and your vehicle’s condition.